Tuesday, March 25, 2014

In the making: Mixed Brown Headband \\ Newborn Baby Girl

I'm supposed to be editing Mil Ball photos, but I really wanted to use the natural daylight to get some props done. The hat I made last night was way too big for the baby that came to the studio. I tried the newborn version on him and it was too long. I was disappointed, but I was also glad that I was able to find that out on my own, as opposed to finding out from a client.

So now I have to redo those.

But not now. I'm trying to make this headband:


With this yarn as the band:


Let's see how this goes!

2:28 PM

Turns out that my yarn is broken. Are you serious!! Good thing I found out in row 1 and not the last row...



Ok, time to start over.

2:31 PM

Oh wow. I just found another broken piece. Was something eating my yarn???

2:34 PM




I'm pretty sure I did the double crochets too loose... Or perhaps I'm using the wrong needle. I'll keep going to see what happens.



I think the issue was the base stitches, not the DC's.


The flowers were quite annoying to make haha.


Bam! I'm done :)

Pattern by: Kristi Simpson
Yarn used: Patons Classic wool for band, other skeins for flowers.
Needle used: I/9 5.5 6mm for band; F/5 3.75mm, J10 6mm, N 9mm for flowers.
Time: approximately 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment