Monday, February 29, 2016

Experimenting with Stitches: The Shelly-Anne Crochet Hat


I'm in love, friends. I'm soooooo sooooo in lurrvvvvve. Let me tell you how the story all began.


A customer contacted me saying she wanted 3 newborn caps. I searched the internet for the pattern and found a beautiful one for just $1.


It was then that I knew that the Shell Stitch was the one. A couple weeks later I finally knew what to do with my Downton Abbey yarn that had been sitting in this house for a few weeks. I ended up making this:


I was so pleased with myself that I posted the photo on my Instagram page, Facebook page, and then posted again on the crochet group I'm in. I hadn't planned on writing a pattern, but a few persons asked me to. But before I could do so, I had to try the pattern again on some Vanna's Choice yarn. It's thicker and I thought it might look better. Here were the results:


So apparently, this pattern can work with any worsted weight yarn!

Then it hit me: I should do an American Flag hat! I was scrolling through my Instagram feed on Saturday night and saw this:


I knew I could do something similar, and I'd like to think that I succeeded. Here's what I came up with:


Now THIS is why I'm so in love. I'm in love with the Shell Stitch. I've created a new line of hats and I want to name it The Shelly-Anne.

Good luck! Tag me on Instagram if you decide to post your design. I'd love to see your work :)

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for your generosity! Such a cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome hat! Thank you for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful hat pattern with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making the american flag design. I'm confused on how you work in the white with the blue Dc's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I do is this:
      When you reach the 3rd dc of the cluster, yarn over with white. Pull the blue yarn as tight as possible. Proceed with 1 sc. Yarn over with blue. Pull the white yarn as tight as possible. Proceed with cluster. Hope that makes sense!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! Love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete