Wednesday, March 9, 2016

My New Favorite Thing: Chunky Newborn Hats!


I was on Facebook a couple days ago. One of my favorite newborn photographers in the whole entire world posted a beautiful photo (as usual) but I saw it differently. A prop that she used was so lovely, and she linked to the creator. It was a knitting page. BOOOOO!!! lol

Anyway, a lightbulb went off in my head--I originally started this "business" to create props for newborn photographers to use. Why did I stop?

I decided to continue about my day. I was on Instagram later and noticed the cutest little chunky hat. I almost bought the pattern for it, but then I looked closer. It was the shell stitch! I CAN DO THE SHELL STITCH! So I immediately got to work. This is what I came up with:


Remember The Shelly-Anne Hat Pattern that I wrote a couple weeks ago? Well, it's just that. Expect I used bulky yarn, made 22 rows for the ribbing and 32 sc for the top border. Then I did a progressive "decrease."



The only thing missing now is a newborn to try the hat on. I'm pretty sure it will fit, but I want to be absolutely certain!


Good thing my friend will be giving birth soon, right? I'll have a newborn to try the hat on then haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment