Saturday, January 23, 2016

In the Making: Stepping Texture Hat // Charisma Tweed

My vision for LarJ Crochets is to sell items that don't look like the average crocheted piece. I'm a huge fan of the patterns that yarnspirations.com provides and fell in love with this hat.

Michaels had a huge sale on yarn PLUS 20% off! I couldn't believe it. So I went crazy and spent $70-something on yarn. I saw some Loops & Threads Charisma Tweed yarn. The crochet size was 8mm, so it was perfect for the hat. I picked up 8 skeins.

The patterns tells you to do this slip stitch until the whole thing measures 21 inches. I'm not a fan of directions like that, so I wanted to document my work for future reference. Since I'd have to then do 40 dc around the edges, I didn't do more than 48 rows of slip stitches. I connected the ends on the wrong side and the turned the whole thing inside out.
I thought I'd be able to do 8 dc, skip next chain, 8 dc all around but that didn't work out. I ended doing 8 dc and 4 dc randomly.
Because of the skips and the way the yarn is, I ended up having huge gaps at the bottom. I really don't like that.
Gaps aside, the pattern was really easy to do.
They said they wanted me to end on round 6. Next time I want to end much earlier. The hat is entirely too long, but I kept going anyway.
This yarn is apparently NOT the best yarn for this hat. You can barely see the pattern.
Side view. See how long it is? HAHA!
Front view. I hate those holes!
More of the side/backish.
Product shot.

I posted a video of me talking about how ugly I thought the hat was on Snapchat. One of my friends said it was cute and said I should make hats for girls with kinky hair to wear because hats are generally too short for her puffy hair. That's a great idea! I guess this hat would be perfect for her, then :)

Total Work Time: 4-6 hours
Order Online

No comments:

Post a Comment