Thursday, February 4, 2016

Experimenting with Colors: Mixed Texture Striped Hat Pattern

I follow some amazing crochet/knitting pages on Instagram. Every time they post a cute hat, I get jealous. ESPECIALLY if it was knitted, because I know I can't make anything remotely close to that. So I've take it upon myself to become creative with my hats. The ones I've made so far are meh. I want something that looks really cool.



CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THE PATTERN!



I spent 2 days slaving over this pattern. Now I understand why people charge so much for a pattern on Etsy! HAHA! I started with one design, almost finished, hated it and had to erase 3/4 of the work. I started a new design, got 3/4 of the way done and realized it was too big so I had to erase 1/4 of the work.

Jeez, all those fractions...

This is what the hat looks like from the side.
I probably should have made the brim shorter, yeah?
Because of this picture, I decided that 10 chains would be too much to start with. So on the official pattern, I wrote ch 8.

This is how the hat would look without a beanie.
Please note that the stripe sizes can be done however you please. I actually plan to make this hat in another way and do more even stripes.


No comments:

Post a Comment